The Mohai Ágnes headspring is located in the Bakony area in the countryside,
in the "Heart of Europe".
Our first written records about Mohai water can be dated back to 1374.
Earl Amade Taddé had the fountain available for public use in 1732. Later, in the 19th century, György Bajzáth, the owner of Moha at that time, built a
guesthouse and a walkway by the fountain to make it attractive for visitors. The first known chemical analysis of the Mohai water qualified the spring-water
as "sour water with iron" in 1810.
According to contemporary descriptions,
using the water had a therapeutic effect on the liver, the cardiovascular
system, and might have healed diseases resulted from weakness.
The water was used both internally and externally.
The new era of the Mohai fountain
began in the 1880s, when Imre Kempelen named the water after his mother,
Ágnes Bajzáth, and started to bottle the water. The spring-water become wellknown
under Ágnes Mohai’s name all around the country as well as abroad.
The water earned numerous awards throughout the years.